March 7, 2012

Hello Family!

I just realized that I forgot my camera back at the house... so look for pictures on Monday.  I am getting transferred this week.  I don't know where to yet, so look for that on Monday too.  I've been going around and saying goodbye to all of the members and such this week.  I'm going to miss Lenox, but i'm ready to move on and start some new adventures.  I'm hoping that I get moved to a bigger city now.  We leave for Iowa City tomorrow morning at 6.  I'll probably be spending all of today packing.  I don't know how i've accumulated so much stuff already.  I haven't heard from Cody or Everett in a little while actually.

I have been doing good this week.  We got another article in the paper for another city in our area.  We picked up one investigator from it named Kim.  She is doing good and said she would be coming to church this week.  I hope she does.  We also finally got back in contact with Sasha again.  When we taught her the word of wisdom a couple of weeks ago, i guess our Branch Mission Leader offended her so that is why they haven't been coming to church because they know he will be there.  So we are working with her on that.  Other members of the branch have been reaching out to her though so I think she just needs some time and she will come along.  

This week I was studying in Mosiah 18 and in verse 9 it talks about some of the things we covenanted to do at our baptisms.  One of them is "to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life."  I've also been reading some of the past general conference reports from this last conference and it goes along perfectly with President Monson's talks about standing in holy places and not being afraid to stand alone.  I would encourage you to go back and read those talks again.   I know that if we are always standing as witnesses of God at all times that our lives will be blessed.  We will receive more personal revelation.   We will find more missionary opportunities, and we will feel the love of God in our hearts stronger.

Love, Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment