March 26, 2012

Hello Family!
 
I actually don't have a lot of time today because they are throwing interviews with the president into the mix today.  If we have some time afterwards maybe i can send another short e-mail later today as well.  This week has been a good one.  I've been getting to know the ward a lot better now and have made some pretty good friends with the young men already.  We continue to have zero investigators at the moment.  We have taught the first discussion several times this last week though.  It saddens me to know that the spirit is present and that the person we are teaching can feel it, yet they choose still to not meet with us again.  I don't let it get me down though.  We are still working hard to find new people.  I did a training in this last district meeting about receiving revelation through church attendance and it went pretty well.  That is one of the big problems that we have in our zone/mission is getting people to church.  We generated some good ideas though to try and incorporate into the work to see if we can't get these people to come to church and to have a spiritual experience while we are there.  It is important for them to feel the spirit while they are there.  And the same applies to us as well.  We need to try to make church meaningful in our lives and seek the spirit while we are there.  How do we make the sacrament meaningful to us every week?  Do we think about all that the savior has done for us as we partake of it?  Do we think of the covenants we are renewing as we do so?
 
In my ward our ward missionaries are great.  They have come with us to teach several times.  One of them actually served his mission in the Ogden, UT mission and spent 11 months of his mission in Logan.  So we have some fun talking about that.  Well i'm sorry that this is so short this week.  Know that i love you.  I know that this church is true.  I know that Jesus Christ really did atone for our sins.  I am so greatful for that.  I know that Thomas S Monson is the living prophet today.  Let us all take the opportunity with conference this next week to go into it with a question.  I promise you will find an answer.
 
Love, Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment