Feb. 27, 2012

Hey Family!

Here is a special Happy Birthday Shout out to you Dad!  I wasn't on the ball to send out a card months in advance.  It sounds like you had an enjoyable birthday which is good!  This week has been pretty interesting for me.  Our investigator Sasha is having troubles quitting coffee so she won't be baptized on the 10th after all.  We are still working with her to get her on the right track though.  Other than that, things have been great.  We are teaching a lady named Kim who got dropped about a year ago because she never kept commitments.  We ran into her in the library and she wanted us to come over.  She actually kept the commitment we left her of reading 2 Nephi 31 which is all about the doctrine of Christ.  This week i've been thinking about temples lately.  The closest temple to me is the Winter Quarters  temple in Nebraska but since it is out of my mission boundaries we are not allowed to go.  We are having 3 of our recent converts go to do baptisms on march 3rd!  That has been one of our focuses i guess you could say. Getting recent converts thinking about and attending the temple.  It's crazy to think of how many temples we have near us in Utah valley.  I definitely appreciate them more than I used to.  I'm sure it's even more of a challenge to go to the nearest temple in Russia.

We had an interesting/scary thing happen this week.  Since E Herrin is the district leader we get to go on exchanges with all of the other missionaries in our district.  We went to a city called Osceola this last week.  I was working with a new missionary, E Hinman.  We went to go visit this guy named Terry.  He drank a lot beers while we were there.  But all of a sudden the right side of his face just froze up and was all tense and he started screaming kind of.  Then he would start laughing, but tears were flowing out of his cheeks.  I didn't know what to think. I thought maybe he was being posessed by an evil spirit or something.  I was just sitting there and reached into my pocket and grabbed my oil and was ready to put my arm to the square, but it ended.  He said that he had just had a heart attack and he has one every night.  We offered a blessing but he just wanted us to leave.  He is still alive though, the elders went back to check on him.  That about sums up the excitement for the week.

~Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment