March 19, 2012

Hello hello Family!
 
This week has been great.  We have seen miracles.  We received 5 referalls this last week from the members.  That has definitely got to be a new record for me.  As we went to go see these referrals, none of them were home.  BUT we found people outside close to their houses due to the beautiful weather who were ready to hear the message that we had.  Hopefully we can add the referalls to our teaching pool as well along with these new investigators.  This week one of my personal goals has really been to listen more to the spirit specifically while trying to find new people to teach, and i have seen results come from the prayers I have offered in this effort i have put forth.  So now we actually have people to teach which is good.
 
I am still getting acquainted with the new area.  We have a lot of ground that we cover.  My second week at church was good.  I am still trying to meet all of the members and get their names down.  We have a lot of families in the ward haha.  This last week we had a zone conference with the Mission President and the AP's and our zone.  My MTC companion is in my zone now and it was fun to see him.  One thing that stood out to me during the conference was the difference between spending time and investing time.  One example that i thought of was in fishing.  If two guys go fishing and one of them has his line in the water for 10 hours he will see more success and he knows the purpose that he has.  If the other fisherman spends too much time worrying about his line and lunch and other things and only has his line in the water for 2 hours, he won't see as much success.  There is a difference between just being busy and actually focusing on our purpose of bringing people to Christ.  It also reminded me of a little poem in the book "How to be Totally Miserable" that dad gave me that says, one man builds a net, the other stands and wishes.  Would you like to bet, which one gets the fishes?
 
One thing that we are doing in this ward as well is working with the young men a lot more.  We actually have 4 ward missionaries in the ward along with our ward mission leader.  3 of them are priests and the other one was actually just called this week.  He is getting married next month, but he actually served his mission in the Ogden, UT mission and just graduated from BYU.  So we have plenty of opportunities to go on splits with the young men. I love doing that and having the opportunity to teach them and encourage them and get them excited about serving missions.  I am so thankful that i am serving a mission right now and i know that this church is true!  I love you all!
 
Love, Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment