March 12, 2012

Hello Family!

I am doing great this week and i hope all of you are doing well as well.  My new area is the Rock Island Illinois area.  We live in Moline and our apartment is really nice.  It is right on the border of Illinois and Iowa.  I'm actually in the quad cities.  We cover Rock Island and Moline and then Davenport and Bettendorf are on the other side of the river.  The area we have to cover is huge.  We used to have spanish speaking elders in the area as well, but they left this last transfer because the mission doesn't have enough spanish speakers to keep them here so we now have their area.  But we got a brand new truck to drive around so that's cool.  My new comp is Elder Ashton.  He doesn't have a driver's liscense so i get to drive.  He has been out for 21 months so i'll probably be his last companion before he goes home.  My new zone leader is Trent Howard.  He lives in Pleasant Grove and says he knows Whitney and Kayla.  I'm surprised we weren't friends or never ran into each other because we are very similar and like all of the same stuff.  We have sister missionaries in our district now too.  They serve in the Bettendorf area.

The weather has been great.  This whole week it's supposed to be in the low 70's so I'll be hanging up the jacket!  Let's see, in our area we don't have any current investigators.  So we will be doing a lot of finding.  The last missionary that was here that i replaced is actually from Orem, but he didn't do much.  We received 2 referrals just yesterday though so the members are willing to help.  It kind of feels weird being in a Ward now instead of a Branch.  We had like 2 times as many people here as I've seen in the last 7 months and I guess a lot of people were even gone today.  I've been meeting some of the families and the Recent Converts and they are all really good people.  I'm excited to be here.  I was hoping that i would come to a bigger city and i got my wish :)

This last week in my studies i've been reading in Mormon.  In Chapter 8 it talks about how their was no contention in the land because of the love of God that was in the people.  It stood out to me because even if people don't accept the gospel or the invitation to learn about it, we can still spread the love of God that we have.  Even if all we do is love the people, they will come closer to Jesus Christ.  That is the best way to bring people into the fold, is to just love them.  I love all of you and God does too!

1- District Pyramid
2- Attemted District Jump
3- Mormontown (Blockton IA)
4- E Harris (ZL) and Peterson
5- Lenox Sign
6- Herrin and Peterson
7- Peterson St
8- District Photo
9- E Berthold and Peterson
10- E Maughan and Peterson
11- Sunset
12- E Herrin and Peterson at transfers











No comments:

Post a Comment