April 22, 2013

Dear Family!

WOOHOO indeed! I'm stoked that I got accepted! Thank you so so so much for all the work you have done on my behalf mother and father! What a great week this has truly been. Lots of good news all around. We had our baptism on Saturday. I attached a picture of it. It was amazing! The spirit was so strong and the confirmation the next day was just as good! Sarah has such a special spirit about her.

So the news is that i'm being transferred! I'm getting a new companion who has only been out for 3 months so i'll be his second companion. I don't know where i'm going yet, i just know that i'm going. So that means if you send a package directly to my west des moines address we better hope that it gets here by wednesday or else i'm not going to get it for a while. We are going to get 10 visa waiters in the mission and that brings our total number of missionaries received this transfer to 41! Holy Cow! I don't know where we are going to fit all of them. Here in west des moines both sets are getting visa waiters so there will be 6 missionaries in the ward. they also split the zone because we were too big so we are in a whole new zone now.

If I get transferred to Illinois again i'm sure that i will have lots of service opportunities available to me from all the flooding that has been going on there. They have received 85 percent of the annual rainfall of last year in the month of April of this year alone. We had a family drive to Chicago recently and they said the river was flooded right up to the road. It kind of looked and felt like they were driving on top of the water is what they said. I've been getting in with a lot of the families here in west des moines to say my goodbyes and leave one last encouraging thought to do missionary work with them. I have been here for 6 months now total.

Thank you for all of the birthday wishes! Parents I got your packages and loved the birthday hats. I had to open it early so that I could pack the stuff into my suitcases to take to my next area. I don't have any big plans for my birthday because i don't even know where i'm going to be. I'll find a fun way to celebrate though. i know we are having a district meeting that day so maybe i'll bake a cake for the whole district.

I am so grateful for this gospel. I recently started the BofM over again this last week. What stood out to me is when Nephi and his brothers went to get the brass plates. I like to think of the brass plates as a new investigator. We are trying to get the new investigators. Nephi and his brothers did what they knew how to do first. They cast lots and Laman went and just asked for the plates. That didn't work. So they did something else they knew how to do on their own. They tried to trade for the plates by giving all of their silver and gold and vast wealth. That didn't work either. We do what we know how to do. We tract or seek referrals or work with part member families etc. and sometimes it just seems like nothing is working. But we know that it is a commandment and promise from the Lord that there are people prepared for us to find. So we keep on doing what we know how to do until we are directed by the spirit and can accomplish what we need to. Nephi wasn't sure what he was going to do that last attempt that he went and found Laban drunk. Sometimes i feel like i don't know what to do, but that doesn't mean we sit around and do nothing. We get ourselves out there and we let the Lord do the rest.

Thanks again for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment