April 8, 2013

Dear Family,

I really super enjoyed this conference weekend! We only watched two sessions of conference at the church this go around. We watched one session over at Lindsay's house with her family who are now on date to be baptized on May 11th. That is the soonest they could do it where everyone could be there who would need to be. We also watched two sessions over at a members house and Sarah was there as well. She is really stoked for getting baptized on April 20th and it is for sure going to happen. We've reserved the building and everything for that morning. We also talked with her about the Holy Ghost after the Sunday Afternoon session of conference and it really answered a question that she had had so that was good. One of my favorite talks was M. Russel Ballard's talk. The analogy about the tomato plants really struck a chord with me and i'm excited to see what harvest will come in the future from the seeds that are being planted today.

We got some exciting news from our mission president this week. Here is an excerpt of his weekly letter: Sister Jergensen and I have some exciting news to share with you. On May 4th the seven stakes that are part of this mission will have a Priesthood Leadership Conference (PLC) at the Iowa City Stake Center from 1-5 PM in the afternoon. All of the stake presidencies, the bishops and branch presidents will be in attendance to be trained and taught by a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles as well as a member of the Presidency of the Seven Presidents of Seventy. Sister Jergensen and I are not exactly sure who will be in attendance for the PLC; but Elder Reall, our Area Seventy has informed us that the member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles who will be here would like to have an IDM Mission Conference earlier in the day. All of the missionaries throughout our mission will be invited including all elders, sisters and senior couples.

So we get to meet with a member of the quorum of the twelve apostles in a month. I'm stoked! We don't know who it will be yet, but i'm guessing M. Russel Ballard. Feel free to add your guesses to the pot. That is cool that Dex McKell is coming the IDMM. I will see him at his first transfer meeting which will be my last transfer meeting so that will be fun. President McGinn will be able to have a new favorite missionary now as well. We are having our zone P-day today. Our zone has been doing really good at reaching our baptismal goals and we have seen a lot of miracles lately for which I am very grateful to God for.

I don't really have any specific birthday requests except for having some fresh garments waiting for me at home. That would be nice. Other than that i can't really think of anything.

One of the most overlying themes of conference that I gathered was being obedient. And i'll take it one step further and relate it to being exactly obedient. I have personally seen that obedience brings blessings, and exact obedience invites miracles. It truly is true that when we receive any blessing it is because we obeyed some law that the blessing was connected to. I know that God lives and that He is ready and waiting to bless us when we are obedient to His commandments!

I also attached some pictures. I finally tracked down and had the picture of Saliboko and fams baptism e-mailed to me. It is a lot of white! And the other is Elder Olson and myself. Sorry it's kind of blurry.

And one other thing. Sister Gardner in the mission office just wanted to double check and confirm that i will be flying into the SLC airport. she is already having to make travel arrangements. If you could let me know in next e-mail that would be great. Thanks!

Love, Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment