April 15, 2013

Greetings family!

Another great week has flown by! We are excited to have Sarah's baptism coming up this next Saturday. It was announced in sacrament meeting so hopefully we have a good turnout. I know she has been making a lot of friends so i'm sure the ward will do great in supporting her. Also in sacrament meeting I gave a talk along with Elders Olson and Lewis. I spoke on the blessings that come from following the prophet and apostles. A good follow up topic with conference being last week. We had our fast sunday the week before conference here. Also Lindsay and her family were there for church and stayed for the whole block which was great. Sister Esser who has been helping us teach and is her mother-in-law has gone back home to Kansas now but will be back up for the baptism in May. I don't know if I'll still be around for that or not. We have transfer calls this Saturday so next Monday i'll be able to tell you what i'll be doing for my last 2 transfers.

The weather this week has been rainy. It was great weather on Monday for our outdoor zone p-day which was nice, but the rest of the week has been rainy and windy. Not too too cold though so that is good. We also had the car this week. Josh Ledbetter is back in town from BYU-I now and he will be spending a lot of time with us since he is still a pre-missionary. He has his meeting with the stake president today to submit his mission papers into SLC. At zone p-day i caught a shoulder to the lip and my lower lip was bruised up and bleeding. I didn't need to get stitches or anything so that is good and i'm almost fully healed up now.

This week we found a super cool family originally from Nepal. They moved to America 4 years ago and converted to Christianity. The father is still Hindu, but the wife and 3 children and 1 cousin consider themselves Christians. We taught them the restoration and invited them to be baptized and they said yes. At the church they currently go to I guess they won't baptize you until you are 13. When we told them that they could be baptized at age 8 the 9 year olds face lit up and he was really excited. The oldest sibling is 18 and the youngest is 9. We are going back on Wednesday to teach them again and I just hope that there current pastor doesn't anti them or anything.

I know that this church is true. i see it every day when I go out and talk to people. They are attracted to the light that we who have the gospel emit. The hard part for them is that they have been in the great and spacious building for too long and once they leave they feel the mocking and the pointing fingers. it is our job to find the elect who will grab hold of the light and hold on steadfastly and endure to the end regardless of what the darkness may throw at them. I am grateful for the light that i have and for the light that I and we will continue to receive throughout the rest of our lives as we shun the darkness.

Love, Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment