Elder Peterson enters the MTC - July 20, 2011 and First Letter - July 26, 2011



Hey Family!  Today is Tuesday and is my p-day just so you guys can know for future reference. And please feel free to forward this to whoever you want to.  The one thing i would advise for Kirk and his family while I'm in the MTC is to use dear elder.  It really is quite convenient, free, and same day delivery. plus i feel good when i get letters.  Life in the mtc is great! the days already seem to blur together and this week has gone by really fast.  the days go by slow, but the weeks go by fast.  I'm adjusting well.  I actually get up at 6:15 every morning and it hasn't been a problem yet.  I do see a lot of kids i know. i see Elder partridge a lot and also Elder Sorensen at least every day in the cafeteria probably. I've ran into Zach Moss and Cam Hawkins (my roommates) a couple of times too.  it really is fun running into all the people i know and seeing all the different places they are going to!
For pioneer day we had an awesome fireside! the most powerful thing was probably for the closing hymn we sang Come, Come Ye Saints and on the last verse we all stood and it was so loud and beautiful and the spirit was really strong.  Missionaries truly are very blessed to be able to feel the spirit so strong every day that we are here.  I still can't get over that you are going to Russia.  I know the Lord will bless you in learning the language.  The building where i live is full of the elders who are learning Russian.  My zone is really a group of misfits.  We have my companion and I going to Iowa, the rest of our district going to Zimbabwe, and our zone is going to czech-prague, slovakia, slovenia, and Bulgaria.  Needless to say we are pretty much the zone of misfits.  The first night we got here everybody was yelling the few words they knew of their languages and nobody knew what each other was saying. it was really fun and funny!
I'm learning a lot in the MTC.  One of my teachers is engaged and I sent her over to Wade to look at rings for her fiance so i hope she helps the business.  There is a lot of study time here and that is probably the hardest part for me.  I'm not good at studying and it's hard for me to keep focused but I'm praying for help and i think it really is helping!  i love you guys and know that this is the true church and that this is where I'm supposed to be right now!  Love you all!
Love,
Elder Peterson
I'm waiting for my laundry to finish drying and i had some extra time so i thought I'd send off another e-mail and tell you more about my companion and such.  His name is Elder Moore and he is from hurricane Utah.  he is a really good example to me and is really focused on the work.  I couldn't have asked for a better companion.  In my room there is Elder Hayes who is from Pheonix and plays rugby and Elder Seager from provo.  Elder Seager is 22 and is a marine who is now coming on a mission.  I really do love our whole district.   It is me and Elder Moore and three sisters going to Iowa, 6 elders going to Zimbabwe, and One elder going to Texas.  We are pretty crammed in our little classroom, but we all have different strengths and it's easy to learn different things from everybody.  My zone leaders are Elder Lloynes, who is from Manchester England and has a lot of good stories to tell us, and elder McClellan from Las Vegas.  I'll send pictures in the mail sometime soon so you can see everybody.  I get to go to the temple later today and that should be fun.  Also, if you do forward this e-mail don't let everybody think that they don't still have to write me, because they do.  it's fun hearing from everybody.  Thanks for the chips and salsa as well!  I'm on the early dinner shift so I'm usually fairly hungry at night when we get back to the residence hall so it's nice to have something to eat.  I've also shared with the people on the floor and they all compliment you on your superb salsa making skills!  Love you!
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment