August 9, 2011

Hey mom!  sorry i didn't have time to send off the family e-mail this morning... but i'm here doing it now.  I am all packed and ready to go to Iowa.  tonight there is a devotional and after that i'm home free.  My MTC experience has been great and has gone by extremely fast!  My last days of class were great.  We had a testimony meeting which was really powerful and most of our district bore testimony on sunday as well.  i'm convinced that we had the best district at the MTC.  I actually feel prepared to go out and teach the gospel, but i guess that's just what the MTC does to you.   They have a lot of "investigators" here for you to teach.  Each one of my teachers has an investigator that they role play into that we get to teach everyday and also they have buildings here where volunteers can come and be taught as well.  I just want to say thanks to everybody for sending the mail and packages... it really does make the days better, not that they aren't already good, but mail makes them all that much better.  6 out of the 11 people in my district took off to Zimbabwe on monday morning so it's been pretty empty in our class yesterday and today.  Tomorrow at the airport i'll be able to call home!  I leave to go to the airport at 5 in the morning but i don't remember when my flight leaves so expect a call somewhere between like 7 and 8:30 would be my guess.  It's not supposed to be long, but more just to let you know that i'm doing ok and still alive... which I am!  I know that this is the true church.  Jesus Christ is our savior and will forgive us every single time we come to Him.  Frankly it scares me how much power the devil has with all the whirlwinds, mighty shafts of hail and fiery darts and stuff, but if we build upon the rock of our Redeemer he has no control over us.  Heavenly Father answers prayers and loves to just talk with us.  He knows the intentions of our hearts even before we go to Him so He knows exactly what to tell us.  If we have the desires to act on the answers we receive, we will receive a lot more answers.  The Holy Ghost is amazing and I feel like i'm on cloud nine here being able to have it with me all the time so strongly.  All of the different gifts that it can bring us is fantastic.  Whenever we are teaching and a big curve ball comes, just go with the Holy Ghost and he will direct what to say and how to say it.  The priesthood is a powerful thing!  I have been able to participate in 2 priesthood blessings here in the MTC already and the blessings that have come from it are more than i can handle.  Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father really do want to open the windows of heaven and pour out so many blessings that we will not have room enough to receive them.  I love this gospel and am so excited to go to Iowa and teach the people that the Lord has already prepared for me.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
 
i also heard that you (mom and dad) gave a great lesson the other day on missions.  I met some missionaries the other day who are going to Somara.  Interestingly enough when i got your last dear elder mom, there were 2 letters on them.  One was to an Elder Brian Peterson who happens to live on my same floor and who also happens to be going to Somara.  Coincidence?  I think not.  I'm so proud of you for going on a mission.  it's weird to think that you still have to leave and get back before i'll be done.  My time is about to expire so i love all of you and send my best wishes!
 
Love,
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment