February 6, 2012

Hello Family

It is crazy to think that 6 months have gone by already for me too!  It seemed like just yesterday I was in the MTC.  But then I look at everything I've learned and realize I couldn't have learned all of that in just one day. Well this week finally started winter.  I miss last Monday, where it got up to 63 degrees.  Today it is snowy and cold.  On Saturday is when the snow storm hit and we got a couple three inches.  Our cars were grounded so Elder Herrin and I pretty much spent the bulk of the day shoveling snow.  We shoveled our own driveway, some less-active members, our churches, and the Presbyterian church.  I'm just happy that the spirit can renew your body because we would have been dead yesterday if it didn't.  This week has been a good one.  Elder Herrin and I are still getting along superbly.  We set a baptismal date with Sasha for the 25th of this month.  She is excited about it.  We are also hoping to set that same day for Miranda to be baptized.  Her and Sasha are friends and if they shared the baptism I think it would be phenomenal.

This week we have seen miracles through what is called the 21 Day Promise.  It's a promise where you first make a list of people who you know who could benefit from the gospel or do not have it in their lives.  And then for 21 days in a row you pray both morning and night for those people and read your scriptures.  The promise is that at least one person on the list will accept listening to the missionary discussions.  I like this promise because it involves the members and they have to actually extend the invitation.  Once they see that success can happen, they are not as afraid as they were in the beginning.  We have had some really solid referrals come our way from this promise.  The hard part is just remembering to do it every day for those three weeks in a row.

Since Elder Herrin is the District Leader now, I've been getting and will continue to go on more exchanges with other missionaries.  It's been fun.  We also have the opportunity to drive to the different areas and conduct baptismal interviews for those getting baptized in our district, and there are quite a few which is great!  In our branch here in Lenox we are trying to organize a FHE group of some sort.  We also have a temple trip coming up for the youth and we are encouraging our recent converts to attend.  I'm hoping that if we can get enough of them to go that President Jergensen will let us go too.  Our closest temple is the Winter Quarters temple in Nebraska and is out of the mission boundaries so we'd have to get pretty special permission to go. 

Since it has been pretty cold here, can i request a blanket to be sent out?  I have my comforter, but an extra blanket would be nice.  I don't care what one.  As long as it is pretty big and not the small baby blanket ones haha.  

This last week I have been studying the King Benjamin address to his people in the first part of Mosiah.  One of my favorite verses is 9:  Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend. 

If we first believe in God then we will truly see and come to knowledge that He exists.  I know that God is real and that He lives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment