July 23 2012


Dear Family,

I'm happy to hear that your minute to win it activity went well.  Also happy to hear that Blake got to go fishing this week.  Well we started off today playing sand volleyball as a district.  It was hot!  We played as early as we could in the morning, which was 10 o'clock because of studies, to try and beat the heat but it was still hot.  It was fun though.  We are also playing basketball later today with some investigators and also young men from the ward which will be fun.  I attached the picture of me at just the entrance to the world's biggest truck stop.  It definitely is huge.  The main building itself is enormous.  Did I already tell you that they had a movie theatre on the 3rd floor? I can't remember.  Also how do you like my new hair cut?   Golf was fun last week.  It took us all day to play 18 holes.  I got pretty sun burned, but it is a tan now on my arms and legs.  I had some aloe gel so it wasn't bad. I was good at keeping up on using it.  We might be going next week too if I can get some more free passes.  We'll go with the elders in my district if we go next week.

Sis Rose unfortunately did not come to church last week.  We did have a really open and good discussion with her this past week though.  We talked all about the Plan of Salvation.  She had a lot of questions and was surprised on how simple it seemed.  We taught from out of the pamphlets that the church produces and what really caught her off guard I guess is where it says all we need to do to get into the celestial kingdom.  The pamphlet words it very simply and is great for teaching.  She thought she was just for sure going to the terrestrial and now she actually has a hope for obtaining celestial glory and is a lot happier.  We did have 4 investigators at church last week though.  We are teaching 2 of them tonight and hopefully setting a baptismal date with both of them.  We also have bishop with the dinner tonight and he is having his non-member neighbor over as well.  He has been praying for people to invite to take the lessons (something we instituted with him) and now he is seeing the success from doing so.

Sounds like quite a few changes going on at home.  I'm so happy to hear that Connor Sharp got his call and is now serving in Canada.  That is way sweet! Is he speaking another language do you know?

Love, Elder Peterson

P.S. The church is true!  And thanks for sending out a box Brittany!  I'm picking it up tomorrow.




1 comment:

  1. Brent has played more golf since he left on his mission than I have. Radical.

    ReplyDelete