January 23, 2012

Hey Fam!

Well my fate is that i'm staying here in Lenox and Elder Huston is getting transfered.  My new companion is going to be the District Leader for our district.  And yes we do meet together every week for a couple of hours.  Originally President asked me to train for the next two transfers.  But my branch mission leader called President Jergensen because they are friends and told him that we had been spending too much time at our appointments, which is true.  We are only given 45 minutes for each appointment, including dinner appointments.  We would spend like an hour and a half so we could eat dinner and teach a lesson, but that is breaking rules so now i'm not training anymore.  It upset me.  So President Jergensen said i'll probably train in 3 months.  Spend one more transfer in Lenox, then go to a different area for one transfer and then train after that.  But that is not for sure.  So whatever, i'll try to smile at my BML still but he and i aren't getting along the best.  And it's most of the missionaries too, not just me.  I think he is so strict because Lenox kind of has a bad reputation and some stuff has gone down here where missionaries have either been emergency transferred, sent home, or just lazy.  The work here is going good though.  I'm glad i still get to stay for another transfer.  We have officially finished tracting every single house in Lenox itself.  We might start over now that i have a new companion coming now though... we'll see.  I'll be leaving Lenox at 4 in the morning in order to get to transfer meeting on time.  Our branch president is going to be driving us again.

The weather has been good.  I haven't even had to wear the down coat yet.  I probably will have to start to soon though.   Especially since we can't spend as much time at appointments at night anymore.  I've been fine just wearing my thermals lately though.  I haven't heard any of those things about Rachael or Kallie so thanks for passing it along!  That is some exciting news.
2 Nephi 4:15 And upon these I write the things of my soul, and many of the scriptures which are engraven upon the plates of brass. For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them, and writeth them for the learning and the profit of my children.
 16 Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard.
The scriptures are such a good tool for us to use in our lives daily.  Let us always remember them and ponder the things that we read.  When we take the time to think about what we read it sticks in our minds better, we find ourselves receiving personal revelation, and our souls begin to delight. 
Love, Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment