January 16, 2012

Hello Family,
 
I'm glad to hear that my family all over the world has had good weeks!  My week has been good too.  The winter weather is finally settling in.  It has been about 8 degrees lately and feels even colder with the wind and humidity here.  The Russian fit coat is working wonders for me.  We get transfer calls on Saturday.  If i were to guess i would say i'm staying here, but stay tuned on next Wednesday to hear the verdict.  The work is going great as well.  We are still looking for new investigators, but the ones that we currently have we have made real progress with.  We have also had a few referrals come in this last week.  They didn't accept the message we had, but at least the members trust us enough to have us try!  This week i've really been thinking about the good examples i've had in my life.  Here in Iowa we don't have very big support groups.  Especially in these little towns.  You have to stand strong by yourself in a lot of cases and that's hard for people who are just starting to investigate.  In 2 Nephi chapter 25:26  It talks about how we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ that our children may know to what source they look for a remission of sins.  My parents have really shown me that Christ is the source of all we should do and they continue to do so as they serve in Russia.  Thank you!  I really am greatful to all of you for being good examples to me.  Christ has never been more central to my life, and i have never been happier.  This week while we were tracting on Saturday we came to a door and they seemed pretty interested and I gave him a book of Mormon.  Then he took it and threw it at me and the spine hit me right above the eye.  So it was kind of funny when i showed up to church the next day with a pretty good cut above my eye.  I told them my companion beat me up, and they laughed.  Hopefully that doesn't happen to you when you hand out a copy of the Book of Mormon.  I know Brittany that you had a goal to do that, how has that been going?  Well i love all of you and always enjoy hearing from you every week!
 
Love, Elder Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment