December 5, 2011

Hello Family,
 
Of course i will still take time to e-mail this week.  It might just not be as long.  Last night was fantastic!!  It was so great to hear all of your voices and also hear the Holy Ghost present during the whole meeting.  The blessings we receive while being set apart are really just what we need to kick off the mission life.  I hadn't cried in a while anyway, so it was good for me.  I can't believe i'll get to do it again in just a couple of weeks for Christmas! President Jergensen asks me all the time how you two are doing.  He is really a great guy and knows every single one of his missionaries very well. it amazes me.  Mom, you will love (if you don't already) being a full time missionary.  The MTC experience is probably fairly different for couple missionaries i would imagine. You probably get softer chairs in the class room.  And better seats at the devotionals.  You'll have to let me know who comes and speaks to you! 
 
Uhmm for Christmas I could use a good lookin dark scarf.  A member made me one, but it's light blue and brown and too bright to wear.  I could also use more long sleeve casual shirts.  Not white shirts, but non proselyting as we would call it.  I'm a L.  Also we as a mission are now only listening to MoTab and I don't have much of any of their music so those CD's would be nice.  Perhaps a Russian hat... but maybe that will have to wait until next year.  A new towel would be nice.  Isn't this an exciting Christmas list?  Any food you care to send would be nice.  Or games to play on P-Day.  But nothing too big... i have to be able to pack it around a lot. 
 
For Christmas in Lenox, if i'm still here, we are doing a potluck dinner type thing after church on the 18th.  Transfers are the 15th so i won't be able to e-mail again until next wednesday because of that fyi.  I'm pretty sure i'll stay though since i've only been here one transfer thus far.  Also in Lenox we have two baptisms lined up so that is exciting.  One on the 10th and one on the 17th.  We also are teaching a sophomore in high school who wants to be baptized as well, we just haven't set a date with her yet... commandment issues.  In our mission we are trying to have a "white Christmas" in the sense of having a lot of baptisms in December.  What better gift to give the Savior than having His children enter into the waters of baptism?  These past few weeks i've really noticed that the Lord really is aware of each one of us.  Not only because I was able to listen in last night (but that's definitely just one more blessing to notice from it), but from a lot of things that have been happening recently.  Being out on a mission has really made me aware that i was foreordained to do this.  Their are people here waiting for me to find them and i know that their are people in Russia waiting for you to find them as well.  Without a doubt we are placed with the correct companions ;)  I know that this church is true.  And i know that through the power of the Holy Ghost who has made it manifest to me over and over again.  I love you all! Stay warm!
 
Love, Elder Brent Peterson
 
I guess i'll have to clarify which Elder Peterson it is from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment