December 27, 2011

Hello Family! Well this week has been awesome!  Or i guess these last 2 weeks.  Sorry i didn't get a big e-mail out last week.  It was so good to talk to my parents on Christmas.  They sound like they are doing really well and grabbing life by the horns.  I spent pretty much all day Christmas over at the Allen family home.  We were allowed to sleep in until 8 that morning which was sweet.  But since I talked to mom and dad at 8 I only got to sleep in until 7:30 ish.  I got the package from the fam and the parents and grandparents and all the letters and opened them that morning.  Thank you to all!!!  It was certainly a different spirit of Christmas this year, but that is a good thing.  I think i might be going through some corn beef withdrawals though.  Although Christmas was great for me, we have a lot of lonely people in our branch on Christmas.  We do our best to spread holiday cheer and fill their souls with the love of Christ at this time of year and it's amazing how your feelings can change just from reading the book of mormon and praying.  I really think that i am making substantial differences in the lives of the people here in Lenox.
I'm glad that Christmas at the homestead went well.  The weather here has been really nice.  This whole week we are supposed to be in the mid to high 40's.  I love it.  It is currently sunny and there is no snow on the ground.  I'm sure January and February will get worse though so i'm trying not to get too comfortable to the current winter weather.  At least it's warmer than Russia though.
Last week we baptized Maria.  That means we had 2 weeks in a row where we baptized someone which is pretty unheard of for an area for the mission as a whole and especially in the Lenox area.  The spirit was super strong at her baptism.  I guess i gave good talks at both Amos' and Maria's baptisms because i'm speaking in church next week as well.  On righteous resolutions.  Today we have interviews with President Jergensen.  We also have picked up 2 solid new investigators in the last week.  They are both part member families and the two husbands are brothers and their wives are non-members.  They have really changed their lives around and both the wives are really interested in the church.  One of them is Sasha.  I guess Sasha is a really popular name in Russia according to mom and dad. 
Well for the sake of the kids, I'll show you where Santa appears in the bible.  Zechariah 1:8 "I saw by night, ad behold a man riding upon a red horse, and he stood among the myrtle trees that were in the bottom; and behind him were there red horses, speckled, and white." 
18 "Then lifted I up mine eyes, and saw, and behold four horns." 
2:6 "Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the LORD."
And for the sake of everyone else, I'll bear you my testimony that I know that God and Jesus Christ live.  I know that the atonement is real and that Christ came to this earth for the benefit of every single living person.  I know that it is through Him that we are saved.  And I know that this church is true!
Love, Elder Peterson





No comments:

Post a Comment