July 15, 2013

Family,

My heart is very full as I write this last e-mail. So many thoughts have just been going through my mind this last week. I feel like this time that i have now to e-mail is the only time I have had to relax for the last 2 weeks. The temple trip was just heavenly. It felt so good to be back in the temple. It was neat because it was President and Sister Jensens first time doing an endowment session in that temple. I hope to be able to return to that temple with my family again some day. I've been doing my best to work hard up until the very end. We set 3 baptismal dates in the last 4 days and they have all come to church already as well so they are solid. We had a church open house friday night. A member brought his hot dog cart and gave out free hot dogs and we had different booths set up throughout the church with all of the different auxiliaries. That is how we found Sherrie and picked her up as a new investigator. She pulled in because it looked like some place she could get a drink because she was thirsty. Now she came to church yesterday and we taught her today and she has a baptismal date for August 31. We are teaching her again tomorrow. She was after living waters. Sunday was good. My talk and musical number went well. Yes i played the piano for it. The stake president surprised us by coming to our ward that day and presiding. That is too bad that President McGinn will be out of town. I'm sure we'll hook up later and reminisce. I really don't know what to say so I threw together a chain of scriptures. Here ya go.

I love you so much! See you soon.

Love, Elder Peterson

I had many things to write, but I will not with ink and pen write unto thee: But I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face.1
Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out2; Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob3, unto the bounds of the everlasting hills4. Let [my] days be few; and let another take [my] office5 and it was said unto [me], that [I] should rest yet for a little season6.

But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter7 and journey from the land of [Des Moines] before I, the Lord, send again the snows upon the earth.8
Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows?9 Their roaring shall be like a lion, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry it away safe, and none shall deliver it.10
Then shalt thou... meet them there, and we will receive them into our bosom, and they shall see us; and we will fall upon their necks, and they shall fall upon our necks, and we will kiss each other.11 Our God, our Father's God;... thou hast led us here in safety where the mountain bulwark stands.12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad.13

Seek ye diligently and teach one another words or wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith.14 Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge.15

If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report of praiseworthy, we seek after these things.16 Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the Lord.17 A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband.18

[And] Jesus... saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee. And he departed.19

Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full20 and on the morrow come I into the world.21

1. 3 John 1:13-14
2. Matt. 12:44
3. Isaiah 2:3
4. Gen 49:26
5. Psalms 109:8
6. Revelation 6:11
7. Matt 24:20
8. D&C 117:1
9. Isaiah 60:8
10. Isaiah 5:26
11. Moses 7:63
12. Hymns 35
13. Matt 5:12
14. D&C 88:118
15. Proverbs 23:12
16. AoF 13
17. Prov 18:22
18. Prov 12:4
19. Mark 5:19-20
20. 2 John 1:12
21. 3 Nephi 1:13

No comments:

Post a Comment