December 17, 2012

Dear Family,
This has been a somewhat interesting week.  First off thank you to everyone who has mailed me packages!  I forgot to make a list to make sure I said everyone's that i have received because I know you wonder if i ever get them sometimes.  I got G&G Peterson, G&G Wright, Wade and fam, Steve Wright and fam, and I think that is all.  This is going to be a great Christmas.  To answer your question mom, transfers was not this week.  They are going to be on the 27th of December.  Next week will go by real quick because it's Christmas Eve, and then Christmas, then P-Day, then Transfers.  My guess is that both Elder Dyer and I will be staying together for another transfer.  To go along with this interesting week, last Monday while playing basketball i injured my ankle... see the picture.  The picture is actually 3 days after the fact or so and it is still swollen up.  I'm icing it and elevating it and wrapped it.  I hesitate to say we were PLAYING basketball because we were at the church for like 3 minutes still just warming up and shooting around and I jumped up and came down on it wrong.  So it got really big, like size of a cantelope big, and we went back to the apartment and I called sister Jergensen.  She told me just to take ibuprofen, ice it, elevate it, things I already knew and they also had some crutches at the mission home that we had a member pick up for us and deliver them to me.  So this past week i've been on crutches.  We weren't originally supposed to have the car this week, but the other elders were nice and let us have it.  The sad thing is that the crutches were meant for someone who is a maximum 5'10''.  I had to slouch to use them, but they were what was available.  Luckily for me, our ward is chalk full of Foot Doctor students who are going to DMU to become pediatrists and also a full fledged foot and ankle surgeon.  So I went and saw him 2 days later and he said i should probably come into his clinic so that they could x-ray it and make sure nothing was broken and so that i could get a boot.  I called sister Jergensen again, because my ankle was still huge half way through the week and bruising now, to seek permission to go see a doctor. This was Thursday night now.  Friday she called back and I talked to her and then Elder Craner (who is the Doctor assigned to this mission and 2 others i believe) and he said i should go see a doctor and get a boot.  By the time i got the permission to go though it was too late in the afternoon and i couldn't find anywhere until today and i went and saw the surgeon in our ward.  Nothing is broken, but it's badly ruptured they said and now i'm in a walking boot for a minimum of 6 weeks.  We are still working out the details of how the car share is going to work and all that jazz. 
So that is my story for the week.  I've been hopping around everywhere until today where i can walk again.  On a funnier shaft in the whirlwind of the devil thrown at me note, i also dropped my toothbrush in the toilet yesterday morning.  However i still have a smile on my face and we are working as hard as we can.  So some cool news, our Recent convert Amber went to the temple on Saturday and loved it!  It is so sweet seeing her still work hard after her baptism to keep progressing.  In other news we are still working with Kirk and he is doing great.  Didn't make it to church this week unfortunately.  We are meeting with him tomorrow night though.  He has come along way since we first talked with him at our mailbox. 
Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time this week because my doctor's appointment and then we had our carpets cleaned today by our zone leaders ate up most of our p-day and we still have to go shopping and set up for a church presentation we are putting on tonight.  I love you all and have enjoy the season!  Wade and Brittany are you still carrying on the Christmas Eve tradition and if so what is the theme this year?  This church is true!
Love, Elder Peterson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment