October 8, 2012

Dear Family,
   This has been a fantastic week. Not only were we able to watch all of conference at our ward building, but we had pretty good attendance as well. Plus we had people feeding us lunch between both sessions which was super nice of them. Also Carrie received and answer from God that the Book of Mormon is true!! We set up a baptismal calendar with her (which is a calendar that lists times when we are going to meet and what we will teach and also other things she can do to prepare) and she is even more willing than before to do whatever is needed to be baptized. She continues to be well fellowshipped in the ward and I can't wait until the 27th. We taught her the law of chastity last night which was Elder Taylor's first time, and he did a good job. We mostly just read out of the pamphlet because it's less awkward that way if you aren't real comfortable talking about that stuff yet. The announcement for younger missionaries definitely is awesome. I loved it when they showed the people in the audience with the dumbfounded faces after Pres Monson announced it over the pulpit... priceless. I definitely think it will bring an increase in especially sister missionaries. I think I would have left a year earlier if the option was available, but I'm super glad that I got to go to college and meet the people I did and have the experiences I had.
   Since today was Columbus day and all of the High Schools around here had the day off of school we played basketball this morning with some of the young men in the ward. It was fun and had been a little while since we were last able to play. We also learned that the zoo is free on weekdays all this month so we are going to be going to the zoo next week for p-day. We had a fun get to know you district meeting this week. There were no new missionaries in the district so we had to be creative to get know each other better. I think that this will be an advantage because we have a lot of unity going into this next transfer and that should help us achieve our baptismal goals.
   I have to say one of my favorite talks was by elder Nelson. Just the repeated phrase of "ask the missionaries, they can help you" was a feel good talk. I'm thinking of just burning a bunch of cd's with that talk on it and handing it out to all the people that are struggling to get back into the church and won't let anyone help them. I also really enjoyed Elder Uchtdorf's talk in the priesthood session about being in the different circumstances. Since I've served in small branches and in a large ward now I can relate to that talk. It really made me appreciate more the faithful members that came every week to church in those small branches. I know that this church is true. I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well and I hope that continues :)

Love, Elder Peterson

These are some action shots of when we went to Bro Robinson's place of work. He is a machine tester pretty much for John Deere so we got to go see a lot of big machinery. The first is an action shot of me operating the smallest excavator that Deere makes (it's the only machine that I was allowed to try out.) The controls are the same in all of the excavators though. The next two are the biggest excavators that they had on the site. Probably as big as the titanic! The next is Deere's latest and greatest. It has 560 horsepower. Last two, the giant loader and a dozer with a claw on the back.






No comments:

Post a Comment